BBQ Sweet and Tangy Baby Back Ribs
By Dr. Dorothy Chan
Immediate Past Global Chairperson
500g Baby Back Ribs
For the sauce:
½ cup BBQ sauce
¾ cup vinegar
1/3 cup dark syrup
2 tsp sugar
½ tsp Tabasco
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp garlic powder
1. First make sauce: Put all the ingredients for the sauce into a sauce pan. Bring to a boil on medium to low fire, then turn fire down to lowest and simmer for ½ hour. Make sure the sauce does not dry up too much.
2. Heat up oven to 350°F or 180°C.
3. Line a pan with cooking paper and place the baby back ribs on top.
4. Lightly brush the sauce onto the ribs, both sides. Make sure there is enough sauce left for brushing another 2 layers on top of the ribs.
5. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and cook in the grill for 1 hour 30 mins.
6. After 1 hour 30 mins, open the aluminum wrapping and brush on another layer of sauce onto the ribs. Cover up the pan with the aluminum wrapping again, and allow to grill for another 15 minutes.
7. Then remove the wrapping and brush on yet another layer of sauce onto the ribs. Grill for another 20 minutes without the wrapping - DONE!
8. BON APPETIT.